Welcome to St. John’s Lutheran Church!
Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord. 2018 marks our 132nd year in this community. God continues to bless us in many ways! We’re glad you’ve found your way to us!
Here’s the rundown to get you started:
- Our Sunday Services are at 8:30 and 11 am, here’s a guide on what to expect.
- Listen to past sermons, or watch a sermon on our live stream.
- We are a congregation of the Lutheran Church — Missouri Synod.
- Learn more about what we believe.
- Not sure what to expect? Give us a shout!
A special welcome to those with young children
We are very happy you are here today. At St John’s, we want you to feel at home.
- First, please relax and enjoy your time here. Jesus knows that children tend to wiggle and squawk a bit, so please don’t feel embarrassed by it. Children are most welcome at Messiah.
- To make it a bit easier on your family, please dare to sit toward the front where your children can easily see. Encourage them to note the colors, hear the music, watch the pastor, and embrace the action at the altar. What Jesus is doing here promises to engage them.
- As we go along, softly explain the liturgy to your children, encouraging them to join in on parts. Amen! Lord have mercy! Our Father! These belong to them too.
- Be sure to sing, speak, and pray your parts also as you sit and stand. Your children learn by following your lead.
- If you must leave, please hurry back. We want your children here.
- If you need a little help, please ask. There are many people here who will lend you a hand.
Please know that while you are caring for your children, the rest of us will be rejoicing with you in Jesus words, “Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.” (Luke 18:16-17 ESV) We know that your children are a gift to the Church so we will do our best to welcome, encourage, and bless you all. Welcome to St. Johns.
A Suggested Prayer Before Worship
O Lord, my creator, redeemer, and comforter, as I come to worship You in spirit and in truth, I humbly pray that You would open my heart to the preaching of Your Word so that I may repent of my sins, believe in Jesus Christ as my only Savior, and grow in peace and holiness. Hear me for the sake of His name. Amen.